Friday 23 November 2012

Yenny log: Photography


I want a photographer boyfriend. Or I want to be a photographer. I just want some photography in my life.


I'm not sure exactly what it is but photography just has this appeal; it seems to create this real sense of intimacy. (Get over it I'm not trying to sexualize anything) (Nor is this a disguised form of venting loneliness. I hope)

The obvious choice, answer, response to this declaration would probably be a roll of eyes and "go buy yourself a camera then."

Oh, I did. Expecting a DSLR are you? NO.

My new pet: the CMYK clone of the Lomography Diana F+ collection.

Despite some other good reasons for me to purchase a DSLR or even SLR camera, I am a poor university student. I just don't have enough to invest in something to foster a hobby yet. Maybe next year ^^

But why an analog camera instead of a digital camera? It was cheaper (although I'm pretty sure that having to buy film and getting it processed will eventually add up to quite a bit of money) but at the same time I really like the creation process without the digital part of it. The photos are created in that moment, the filters, lenses, lighting affects are chosen in that moment you are trying to capture. It's so raw, I find it thrilling.

I spent $50 on film.....

I love Instagram, but I got bored of it pretty quick. I loved being able to play around with the filters to improve the highlights and shadows on my photos taken from my cruddy camera phone (first generation of Samsung galaxy) but at the same time it just seemed so empty. Maybe I just didn't want a point and shoot relationship.

I plan on documenting my progress and adventures with my Diana F+ through a series on this blog. I just bought all the film and batteries I need for the camera and just need to go take some pictures. Join me, I'm so freaking excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment