Sunday 31 March 2013

I miss UQTR.

Summer is soon coming which triggered the prospective Explore students around me to start freaking out about whether they had been offered a place at any of the schools they applied to. This promptly stirred up some memories from my 6 weeks at l'Université de Québec à Trois-Rivières last summer. 

The Explore program is a 5 week program run by the Canadian government to encourage Anglophone students to travel somewhere in the country to learn French (and vice versa with the Francophone students with English). A ton of Glendon students go during their undergrad years because we are a bilingual campus and it's an incredible booster for practicing French speaking. It's paid for entirely by the government (except for travel fare there and back) which is pretty awesome. I stayed an extra week to take another course, which turned out to be a terrible week (I`ll vlog about it or something).

UQTR at night
The view from inside the building looking out to the front.

The lovely Michel Sarrazin residences! 

We got meal tickets which covered all of our weekday meal costs...

but over the weekends we had to resort to groceries, or in my flatmate's case, heating up McDonald's.....
When we went on trips we tried some "cultural" food. Italian pizza, poutine, onion rings = white people food?


Their cafes were pretty awesome though. Café Morgan is as rampant in Québec as Starbucks is in New York.
I think it was the first time I had ever tried macarons too!

Yeah.
And now I'm super determined to get a camera for this summer so I don't have to look back at my gross camera phone pictures for memories. Hopefully I'll be working full time this summer but I have some plans for new photo and vlog creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment