Monday 17 December 2012

Slowly putting myself back on YouTube...

I'm in the process of putting myself back on YouTube. I had been making videos as a campus eAmbassador throughout my first year of uni, and despite the eAmbassadoring being my job this year I just couldn't get it together to make more videos. 5 days into my winter break and (and a full semester after my first video this year) I just sat in front of my camera to do something about my problem. Here's what happened when I got distracted with the features on the webcam software.



I'm just going to start back at square one. All I have in terms of camera equipment is a flip cam and a monster tripod. At the moment I have no video editing software (although J is going to help me with that) and I also lack the personality that could potentially make up for all of that.

It is a bit different for me because people (mostly high school students) are clicking on my videos not for an entertainment value but to hear and see things about campus life. I just ended up comparing myself to professional YouTubers and focused on the aesthetics of creating content rather than focusing on just getting content about the campus out there. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track and post for videos as an eAmbassador because really, it is a lot easier to be an eAmbassador YouTuber with a pretty much guaranteed audience than having the pressures of being a YouTuber to attract an audience with my own wit, skill, or talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment