Wednesday 26 December 2012

Things that I think about

Phone Ownership Life-cycle:
1. Holy crap that new phone looks so cool!
2. I can't believe I finally got the phone! What does this button do!? Awesome!
3. How do I change this little interface thing? Oh I can't? That's okay, still a good phone though.
4. God damn it this thing is bothering me so much. Why can't I freaking change it?
5. This phone sucks and I want to throw it at a wall. I hate it with all my passion and I never want to see it again.
6. Go to step 1.


My Hair
See, my hairstyle is an odd and complicated matter. On one hand, long hair is very easy to deal with and all I have to do is give it a little shake and it's presentable. Short hair is a much harder affair. Since short hair needs to strict and disciplined at all times, I'm constantly making adjustments and fixing it at odd parts of the day. But it looks better. Hair is a dilemma that I don't think I can solve any time soon. Also short hairstyles lasts much shorter than long hairstyles.

Time is an illusion
Lunch-time doubly so. So everyone experiences time differently depending on how long it takes for your brain to process things and how big your head is. Oh you thought I was joking? Nope, not joking. If you snapped your fingers right next to one of your ears, it would make sense that as the sound travels across your head into the other ear, it would take time. So why is it that you hear one distinct snap instead of two snaps in super quick succession? Your brain does that for you. If it hears a sound, it gives a little bit of buffer space afterwards. We're talking nanoseconds here but if it hears something that it was expecting, it combines it together and guesses what it should be. This happened back when video and audio were transmitted separately on televisions. People would need to sync up the audio to the video but it was noticed that there was about a tiny margin where the brain would get the audio signal or video signal and buffer for a little bit and hear or see something that it expects and matches the two together. So even if the audio was off by a little bit, your brain would adjust accordingly and you'd never notice it. Interesting.

1 comment:

  1. LOL you joker
    Its totally relatable and not bs until you start talking about time and brains.
    Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete